Setting Something Aside for Tomorrow
Saving money for a rainy day or budgeting for projects down the road are smart ways to give your financial health a boost. At The Bank of Salem, we offer a strong Basic Savings Account with even more advantages for seniors, children and other exempt customers.
Basic Savings Features
- Minimum opening balance: $100.00
- Minimum daily balance: maintain $100.00 or more to avoid a $5.00 quarterly fee
- Interest rate established each month based on prevailing market conditions (see rates)
- Interest paid quarterly to depositors who have maintained an average balance of $100.00 or more during the quarter
- Regulations restrict the number of withdrawals or transfers to another account to six (6) per month for transfers made by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer, telephone, fax, internet banking check, draft, debit card, or similar order made by the depositor and payable to third parties
- No limit to the number of withdrawals made in person, by mail, by telephone (via check mailed to the customer), at ATMs or transfers into the account
Additional Benefits for Exempt Accounts
- Senior citizens, minors, full-time students, fiduciaries, nonprofit organizations and governmental units are exempt from the maintenance fee and minimum daily balance requirement
- Exempt Basic Savings Accounts will be paid interest regardless of the monthly average balance
- Minimum opening balance is $1.00
How to Open an Account
Visit your nearest branch or call 573-729-3137.